Flat roofs are a very popular choice for commercial and industrial building owners. They are a mixed bag, however, in terms of assets and drawbacks.
Some of the pros of flat roofs include:
- They are a less expensive option compared with various other roof types
- They add what is essentially an extra level of usable space where HVAC units, storage facilities and more can be housed
- They offer easy accessibility, making it easier to perform roof repairs, clean gutters, and install equipment like satellite dishes and solar panels
With these attributes come various common flat roof problems, all of which require the flat roof repair services of an expert roofing contractor. That’s where Five Star Commercial Roofing comes in!
For all of your commercial roofing needs, including flat roof repair, you can count on the professional technicians at Five Star Commercial Roofing. Our team members have expertise in all aspects of roofing and will tackle your flat roof problems with precision, skill and the finest roofing products in the industry.
Give us a call today, (888) 740-2070, to schedule a free professional roofing assessment!
Common Flat Roof Issues
No matter what kind of roof you have, it will eventually develop problems. Some common issues to which flat roofs are prone include:
- Ponding water: Water that accumulates on a roof and remains there for a prolonged period of time is called “ponding water” and can lead to the breakdown of roofing materials and cause leaks to develop.
- Thermal shock: A condition known as “thermal shock” occurs when sudden heat or cold causes roofing materials to rapidly contract or expand. This can cause various kinds of damage, including buckling and cracking.
- Improper workmanship: Time and again, we encounter roof problems that are the direct result of inferior workmanship—whether the original installation was done poorly or subsequent repairs were performed incorrectly.
- Aging and weathering: Any type of roof is subject to damage due to age or weathering; the make-or-break factor is whether the roof is being regularly maintained and proactively repaired before the damage gets out of hand.
Only a licensed professional should ever attend to your flat roof problems. Letting an amateur perform work on your roof can not only void your roof warranty, but it can lead to even worse problems down the road. As with most things in life, you get what you pay for—and it never pays to cut corners when it comes to roofing work.
Experts You Can Trust
For all your flat roof repair needs, you can rely on the experts at Five Star Commercial Roofing. Our technicians are professionally trained and use some of the very best roofing products in the business to perform work for our valued clients.
Some of the many benefits we offer our customers include:
- Non-prorated warranties
- ENERGY STAR® certified waterproofing solutions
- Timely project completion
- Customized options
- Transparent project goals and updates
- Professionally trained roofing technicians
- Expertise in all facets of commercial roofing
- Long-term leak solutions
- Industry-leading roofing products
Whatever your roofing problems may be, we’re here to solve them! Give Five Star Roofing a call today at (888) 740-2070 to schedule a free, no-obligation roofing assessment.