“Roof replacement” are two of the most dreaded words for commercial building owners. Replacing a flat roof—especially a vast one that covers a large industrial building—is a huge expense, and the tear-off and replacement process is extremely disruptive to business operations.
Do you know what is worse? Industry statistics show us that roofs are replaced prematurely as much as 70-80 percent of the time—70-80 percent! That means that in up to 80 percent of roof replacement cases, replacement either wasn’t necessary—meaning an alternative could have fixed a roof’s problems—or the roof wore out prematurely because it wasn’t being properly maintained. Either way, premature roof replacement isn’t something you need to worry about when you partner with Five Star Commercial Roofing. We work hard to ensure your roof lasts the number of years it was meant to last—and sometimes even longer.
One of the ways we do this is with our flat roof coating services. While many roofing contractors out there will tell you your roof needs replacing and there’s no other alternative, that isn’t necessarily the case. A roof coating can address all of your flat roof’s current problems and add years to its life! Why replace a roof if you don’t need to? You shouldn’t!
Give Five Star Commercial Roofing a call today at (888) 740-2070 to schedule a free, no-obligation roof assessment. We will confidently tell you whether your roof is a good candidate for a roof coating system. We put our customers’ needs first, so if there is any viable alternative to expensive roof replacement, that’s what we’ll do!
Common Flat Roof Problems
Having a flat roof atop your commercial building has its advantages. It’s one of the less expensive commercial roofing options, for instance, and a flat roof can house facilities that a pitched roof can’t, such as HVAC units, storage structures and more.
Flat roofs are prone to certain problems, too, which include:
- Ponding water, or water that accumulates and remains on the roof for a prolonged amount of time. This can cause your roofing materials to break down and leaks to form.
- Thermal shock, which happens when sudden temperature changes cause the roofing materials to quickly expand or contract. Various kinds of damage can result from this, such as buckling or cracking.
- Collecting leaves and other debris, which can block drainage outlets.
- Damage sustained due to aging and weathering.
When a roof isn’t regularly inspected and properly maintained, problems like these can quickly become catastrophic. That’s one of the services we offer here at Five Star Commercial Roofing—customized inspection and maintenance plans to keep our customers’ roofs functioning well.
When significant problems have formed on your flat roof, a roof coating system can be the key to fixing them.
The high-quality roof coating systems we specialize in have a great many exceptional attributes in their favor, including:
- Adding 20-25 years to the life of your roof
- Helping reduce energy use, thus reducing your annual energy expenses
- Fixing leaks and decay
- Reinforcing your roof. Certain coating systems are event rated to withstand hurricane-force winds!
- Strengthening the structural integrity of your building
- Offering the option to recoat your roof again down the road, further prolonging its life.
- And more!
Team Up with the Experts
Give Five Star Commercial Roofing a call today, (888) 740-2070, to find out if your flat roof is a good candidate for a roof coating system. We will send out one of our professional roofing technicians, free of charge, to inspect your roof and assess its condition. We will determine if a roof coating system is a good fit for your roof and also offer our expert advice regarding any other needs your roof may have.
Give us a call today!